Have you been trying to reach your fitness goals without any success?
Do you give up when you are not seeing the results you want?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then read on to learn about goal setting, the importance of consistency, as well as diet & exercise tips that will help you to be successful in reaching your 2017 fitness goals.
1. Write down your fitness goals: When writing down your fitness goals for 2017, the main thing to look at and understand is: WHY? Why are these your specific fitness goals? Do you want to feel and look better? Do you want more energy to play with your kids? Do you want to decrease your chances of getting sick? Having a why behind your fitness goals will help prevent you from giving up or missing sessions at the gym. Any time you want to give up, ask yourself: “Why did I start this?” Those emotional connections will help keep you on track.
2. Set a timeframe: Making a realistic timeframe is very important to your success. Set short-term and long-term goals so you can see the results as you go. For example: If a 100lb weight loss is my long-term goal, I will reach my goal within one year. My short-term goal is to lose 6-10 pounds every 6 weeks. Staying focused on achieving the short-term goals will help you towards the bigger picture.
3. Be consistent with your fitness regime and diet: Being inconsistent is one of the main reasons people are not successful in reaching their goals. Begin with 3 days a week in the gym and slowly increase to 4 days and 5 days in 6-8 week increments. Stick to your plan and make no excuses. This is a commitment you have made to yourself, and your health, so mark it on the calendar just like any other appointment.
4. Diet is 70%, Exercise is 30%: This means you MUST change your diet and make healthy food choices if you want to see results in the gym. Too often I see clients skipping breakfast, eating too many carbs, not eating enough protein and not eating enough throughout the day. Not eating slows down your metabolism and causes weight gain. Focus on eating nutritious foods at the right times.
5. Create a well-rounded workout: Make sure that your fitness program includes strength training, cardio, core strengthening and flexibility (stretching at the end of your work out). Many people only do cardio at the gym. Strength training is equally, if not more, important than doing cardio. This will increase your metabolism, strengthen your bones and muscles, help your body burn calories throughout the day, and will give your body a toned look.
6. Be patient: Results do not happen over night so stick to the plan and be patient. If you need help reaching your 2017 fitness goals or have any fitness-related health questions or concerns, contact me any time via email email@example.com
Here’s to Health & Happiness in 2017, let’s make this year the best one yet!