Have you ever heard the saying, “Muscle weighs more than fat?” Perhaps at some point in your life you were working your butt off in the gym in an attempt to lose weight. During this time, you hopped onto the scale weekly, sometimes even daily. Some days were better than others. Sometimes the numbers on the scale decreased, but to your dismay, this wasn’t always the case. Some weigh-ins showed that the scale read higher than your starting weight. Other days the scale wouldn’t budge. Read more
- Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!
- Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger (hello natural appetite suppressant!), raises your metabolism and has zero calories!
- Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections). Read more
- 1 large onion, cut into 10 wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into squares
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil Read more
10 HEALTHY FOODS TO BRING TO A HOLIDAY SOCIAL OR PARTY
1) Veggies with low fat dip, salsa or guacamole.
2) Whole wheat pita chips with low fat dip or salsa
3) Mixed unsalted natural nuts Read more
APPLE PIE SMOOTHIE
A creamy apple pie flavor, the yogurt adds a tart flavor that accents the crisp sweet cinnamon-apple garnish perfectly
Vegan, makes 2 servings. Read more
Did you know the average weight gain during the holidays is 5 pounds or more?
People work so hard throughout the year trying to keep that nasty weight off by eating healthy and exercising so why stop it all over the Christmas holiday season???
People naturally have a tendency to start eating and drinking way more then they would on any other time of the year. Between the drinking, the extra calories, the poor food choices, the different social events ect., the end result never ends good. Read more
You may be wondering: “Why eat fat when I am trying to keep that horrible thing off my body?”
The truth is good fat will actually help rid the bad fat that you have been trying to conquer your entire life.
There are so many wonderful health benefits to eating the “good” fat including: Read more
Coconut Oil is one of the only saturated fats that is considered good for us and has many health benefits to including it into our diets.
Coconut oil is considered a “superfood” due to its powerful medicinal properties.
Below are a list of health benefits of Coconut Oil: Read more
Does weight lifting make woman bulky? Why should all women do resistance training?
Today I want to talk about resistance training or weight lifting and why it is so important and beneficial to a woman’s health and physique.
When I am doing goal setting with my clients, many woman have fitness goals to lose weight, tone up, trim inches, increase strength, increase flexibility, or improve posture. They have tried the gym on their own multiple times with no success in reaching their goals, which is why they are now interested in Personal Training. Read more