Effective January 1st, 2020 there will be a $10 NO SHOW fee charged to member accounts that sign up for a Bootcamp class but then do not show for the class. Please remember to cancel your spot if you know that you will not be attending and remove your self from the reserved list. Feel free to contact Amanda (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shelagh (email@example.com) with any questions.
Christmas Kettlebell Swings
We’ve said it before and we are saying it again! A kettlebell swing is a great full-body exercise, working your core, shoulders, quads, hamstrings, glutes, and back. Kettlebell swings are a hinge, not a squat movement using the power from your hips.
KETO SUGAR COOKIES – LOW CARB / SUGAR-FREE
1. MEASURE YOUR INGREDIENTS CORRECTLY
Follow the recipe for the correct amount for each ingredient. To measure flour correctly, use the spoon and sweep method for flour or use a food scale for even more accurate results.
2. SIFT YOUR FLOUR
Sifting your almond flour and coconut flour will help give a lighter and flaky cookie that will totally melt in your mouth and helps if you want to make the best keto sugar cookies.
3. CHILL THE DOUGH
If you want to ensure that you end up with no spread sugar cookies, refrigerating the dough prior to baking helps the dough to become stiffer and hold up.
- 1 3/4 cups superfine blanched almond flour, measured correctly (spoon & sweep) plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, measured correctly (spoon & sweep)
- 2/3 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces – softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
Keto Icing (optional)
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s monk fruit sweetener (Swerve or erythritol)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream or coconut cream
- water or lemon juice, as needed to desired consistency
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment turned to low speed, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, and salt together until combined.
- Turn the mixer to medium, then add the butter, 1 cube at a time, and mix until the dough looks crumbly and slightly wet about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla and almond extract and beat for another 30-60 seconds until the dough just begins to form large clumps, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Gather dough with hands and knead just until it sticks together (add 1 tablespoon of almond flour at a time as needed if dough seems too wet). Shape into a disc and wrap in plastic. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 35 minutes (or up to 2 days).
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. When ready to roll, remove and unwrap dough disc from the fridge.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on a flat surface. Place dough in the center. Place another large parchment paper on top of the dough and using your rolling pin, roll into 1/4-inch thickness (1/8 inch for thinner cookies). Place the cookie dough sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookie dough sheet from the freezer and remove the top parchment paper. Cut into shapes with cutters of your choice. Place cut cookies on lined baking sheets, about 1 inch apart then place in the freezer again for 10 minutes (to prevent spreading). Repeat with any scraps.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, on the middle rack for 13-17 minutes, rotating the pan halfway, or until edges are light golden brown (do not overbake).
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack until cool. (cookies will continue to bake & harden)
- Frost or decorate cookies as desired.
For Keto Frosting (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sweetener with coconut cream until smooth. Add water or lemon juice as needed to desired consistency.
Food Drive for Newmarket Food Pantry
We are running a food drive for the Newmarket Food Pantry now until December 31st. Please bring in non-perishable food items. Here are some suggestions based on what is needed at the pantry. Remember! It’s not just food that’s needed by families at this time of year.
• Canned Vegetables
• Canned Fruit/Fruit Cups
• Canned meats such as tuna, ham, turkey, etc.
• Soups and stews
• Lunch snacks
• Juice boxes
• Peanut Butter
• Canned legumes (beans, chickpeas, etc.)
• Baby food and formula
• Special diets (gluten-free, sugar-free, etc.)
• Toiletry items (shampoo, body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, toilet paper
For more information how you can help out visit their website by clicking on the following link: Newmarket Food Pantry
We will have a modified Bootcamp Schedule the week of Christmas and New Year. We have a sign-up sheet for Bootcamp times in the studio. Please put your name down to the times you can attend, including multiple times. We will launch the schedule on Thursday, December 19th. **Pssst…..If we have no sign-ups, we will be closed from Dec 24 -26th**
Confirmed Holiday Studio Closure:
Wednesday, December 25th – Closed
Wednesday, January 1st – Closed
A Gentle Reminder in Studio Etiquette
- Please text/call/email Trainer or studio regarding injuries before attending the Bootcamp. This gives the trainer a heads up before designing the workout
- Absolutely no indoor shoes allowed in the studio. Please train in socks if you forget your shoes
- Please sign up for every class via the Mindbody app or through our website. Your login and password information is the same as the app when signing into the website. If a class is full and you don’t sign up, you will be turned away. This will be very important in the new year and moving forward as we enter our busier season. Please keep in mind that Trainers do have the boot camps set up for the specific number SIGNED IN for the class. If you arrive without prior notice, you are delaying the class by having to sign yourself in and have the trainer reset for additional bodies.
- If you sign up for Bootcamp on Mindbody and cannot attend the Bootcamp, please cancel your spot. This has unfortunately become a huge issue and people have been refused to book the Bootcamp because the class appears full but the booked is a no show. Please see the announcement below regarding the New Cancellation/NO Show policy, effective January 1st, 2020.