Just a reminder that the slushy weather is upon us and we need your help to keep our studio floor spotless for our other members! No indoor shoes! There is now a label maker for everyone to use and mark their cubby for their indoor shoes.
Bulgarian Split Squat
Targets – Quads, Hamstrings, and Glutes
Benefits – Strengthen and shaping; Balance. This is a single leg movement which isolates the leg.
Using low bench (or step) place backfoot up, resting on toes.
Hop your front leg forward and plant your leg, foot straight.
Make a 90-degree angle in your front knee as you dip down making sure your knee never your toe
Return up to start position. Repeat same leg 12 -15 times. Switch and repeat on opposite leg.
Repeat 3-4 sets.
For more of a challenge, add hand weights. Once you add weight it’s great for your core!
Leftover Turkey (Chicken) Soup
This Leftover Turkey (or Chicken) Soup recipe offers a delicious way to use leftover turkey or chicken. It’s easy to matasty and and works for low-carb, keto, Atkins, Paleo, diabetic, gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free diets.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter (ghee or coconut oil may be substituted)
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 2 ounces yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups chicken stock(32 ounces) packaged broth or stock works fine as well.
- 1 pound cooked chicken or turkey meat(about 2 cups) cut or torn into bite-sized chunks
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Heat a dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add butter. When butter has melted and is no longer foaming, add the celery and onion.
- Stir celery, onion, and carrots until they are just beginning to soften. Add the thyme and black pepper. Continue to cook vegetables until they are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the onion powder. Stream in the broth, while stirring. Stir in chicken or turkey meat.
- Bring soup to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Taste and add salt if necessary. If you used regular broth, you may not need to add any. If you used stock or low-sodium broth, you may need to add 1/2-1 teaspoon, depending on your taste.
- Stir in parsley just before serving.
Premium PT Fitness & Bootcamp has some exciting events coming up at our studio!
Sunday, October 21st 2:00 – 4:00 pm – Free Mini Retreat hosted by The Oil Girls.
An afternoon of self-care, healing, meditation, massage, angel readings, tarot cards, free mini DIY take ways, essential oil infused teas & treats. To reserve your spot please etransfer $10 to firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP 905-235-6797
Wednesday, October 31st – Dress up for Your Workout! It`s Halloween! Show your spooky or quirky spirit and dress up for your Bootcamp class! Best costume will be awarded a Premium PT Gift basket!
Saturday, December 1st – Christmas Potluck! Get geared up for the holiday season with an hour of Bootcamp at 10:30 am followed by a lunch and mingle at 11:30 am.
See you there!
A personal trainers goal is to help their clients set/achieve fitness goals effectively and without injury. Whether your goal is weight loss, sports conditioning, or to adopt a healthy active lifestyle, personal trainers can be a great advantage.
1. Overcoming plateaus. When you hit a plateau in your progress that can be very frustrating and difficult to overcome. Personal Trainers can help you understand why you’ve plateaued and can offer ways to overcome them.
2. Personalized workouts. Personal trainers design specific workout routines that are right for you. They factor in your capabilities, any limitations you might have (i.e. injuries), and what goals you would like to achieve.
3. Accountability. Personal trainers are very beneficial for holding you accountable for your workouts. If you’ve set an appointment with your trainer, you are more likely to go to the session, rather than trying to get yourself into the gym on your own.
4. Knowledge sharing. Personal trainers are experts in the field of fitness and have a vast knowledge of exercises and the body to help you reach your goals. They also can teach proper form and technique, preventing the risk of injury.
- 1/2 – 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp water
- lime juice to taste (about 1 lime)
- 1 medium garlic clove
- sea salt to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
How to make it
In a blender or food processor combine ingredients for the dressing until smooth. Store in fridge for 5-7 days