Exercise Of The Week
Leg Pull-In/Knee Ups
- Lie on an exercise mat with your legs extended and your hands either palms facing down next to you or under your glutes.
- This will be your starting position.
- Bend your knees and pull your upper thighs into your midsection as you breathe out.
- Repeat 15-20, for 3 rounds
Holiday Survival Tips
Social Events & Holiday Merriment
- If you’re going to have a drink, go for the low carb low-calorie drinks. Cut your white wine with Soda water or Vodka/Gin with soda water and some lime. Fizzy and fun!
- Food- offer to bring a healthy snack to social events you’re invited too. Check out our Health Recipe for the Eggnog Bites for some holiday inspirations!
- KEEP ACTIVE! Keep moving, get your boot camps in! Bring a friend or family member to a bootcamp. Stay motivated!
- Watch Elf at least once over your holidays and spread the Christmas cheer for all to hear
Keto Fat BomB Eggnog Bites
Delicious Keto Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe is a genuine Fat Bomb treat just for Christmas (But you can make them anytime as a dessert or snack). They’re a very low carb Christmas dessert, sweet and creamy.
- ½ cup of Almond Flour
- ¼ cup of Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 2 tablespoons of Natvia (Stevia sweetner)
- ¼ teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1 ounce of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 large Egg
- 12 ounces of Cream Cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup of Natvia
- ½ teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons of Rum Essence
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 large Egg
- Topping Ingredients:
- ½ cup of Heavy Cream, whipped
- 1 pinch of Nutmeg
Directions For the Base:
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, flax meal, Natvia and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add the melted butter and egg and mix well.
- Evenly spoon the mixture between 12 holes of a regular muffin tin lined with silicone cupcake molds and press into a flat base layer.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Directions for the Filling:
- Place the cream cheese, Natvia, vanilla, nutmeg, and rum essence into your stand mixer, with the whisk attachment, and mix on medium speed until the cream cheese is smooth. Scrape down the sides with a silicone spatula to ensure everything is combined.
- Add the cream and egg into your stand mixer and mix on medium speed for 3 minutes, until the mixture is smooth.
- Evenly spoon the mixture on top of the cooled bases.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes, until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
- Allow cooling at room temperature for 20 minutes, before setting in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Add the whipped cream to a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe a tablespoon-sized amount of cream onto each cheesecake. We recommend using disposable piping bags.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg and serve.
- October monthly membership winner: Congratulations to Emma Fleury! Emma won a $60 gift card to Sports Check! Remember to keep dropping your name in the contest box on every visit!!
- HOLIDAY HOURS – Please note a special message will be sent out soon!
- Stay tuned for our new and exciting Bootcamp schedule being launched on January 6th!
- We have installed a NEW WATER SYSTEM!! It’s located in the washroom as a secondary station to fill up your water bottle. The water is filtered drinking water
- We LOVE feedback – How is everyone liking the new set up of the studio? Please email us any feedback or any concerns you may have.
- BOOTCAMP CANCELLATION – Please note that Sunday, December 8th at 9:00 am is canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- FOOD DRIVE – we will be running a Food Drive throughout the month of December for Newmarket Food Pantry. We are will be collecting non-perishable food items (tinned foods, pasta, etc). Please note we cannot accept anything with an expiration date of under 6 months from now. Double-check the labels! Thank you!
Keto No-Noodle Chicken Soup
• 4 oz. ghee (or butter if preferred)
• 2tbsp dried minced onion
• 6 oz. mushrooms, sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 8 cups of chicken bone broth
• 1 medium-sized carrot, sliced
• 2 tsp dried parsley
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded
• 5 oz. green cabbage, sliced into strips
How to make it
Melt the butter in a large pot, over medium heat
Add dried onion, chopped celery, sliced mushrooms, and garlic into the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes
Add broth, sliced carrot, parsley, salt & pepper. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
Add cooked chicken and cabbage. Simmer for an additional 8-12 minutes until the cabbage “noodles” are tender
Vitamin B 12 is an essential vitamin that your body needs but cannot produce. B 12 plays a vital role in helping your body produce red blood cells. It supports the normal function of your nerve cells and also gives your body a boost in energy and helps to improve memory. It is also a leading vitamin that helps prevent heart disease.