Bulgarian Split Squat
Targets – Quads, Hamstrings, and Glutes
Benefits – Strengthen and shaping; Balance. This is a single leg movement which isolates the leg.
Using low bench (or step) place backfoot up, resting on toes.
Hop your front leg forward and plant your leg, foot straight.
Make a 90-degree angle in your front knee as you dip down making sure your knee never your toe
Return up to start position. Repeat same leg 12 -15 times. Switch and repeat on opposite leg.
Repeat 3-4 sets.
For more of a challenge, add hand weights. Once you add weight it’s great for your core!
Leftover Turkey (Chicken) Soup
This Leftover Turkey (or Chicken) Soup recipe offers a delicious way to use leftover turkey or chicken. It’s easy to matasty and and works for low-carb, keto, Atkins, Paleo, diabetic, gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free diets.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter (ghee or coconut oil may be substituted)
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 2 ounces yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups chicken stock(32 ounces) packaged broth or stock works fine as well.
- 1 pound cooked chicken or turkey meat(about 2 cups) cut or torn into bite-sized chunks
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Heat a dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add butter. When butter has melted and is no longer foaming, add the celery and onion.
- Stir celery, onion, and carrots until they are just beginning to soften. Add the thyme and black pepper. Continue to cook vegetables until they are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the onion powder. Stream in the broth, while stirring. Stir in chicken or turkey meat.
- Bring soup to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Taste and add salt if necessary. If you used regular broth, you may not need to add any. If you used stock or low-sodium broth, you may need to add 1/2-1 teaspoon, depending on your taste.
- Stir in parsley just before serving.
Premium PT Fitness & Bootcamp has some exciting events coming up at our studio!
Sunday, October 21st 2:00 – 4:00 pm – Free Mini Retreat hosted by The Oil Girls.
An afternoon of self-care, healing, meditation, massage, angel readings, tarot cards, free mini DIY take ways, essential oil infused teas & treats. To reserve your spot please etransfer $10 to firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP 905-235-6797
Wednesday, October 31st – Dress up for Your Workout! It`s Halloween! Show your spooky or quirky spirit and dress up for your Bootcamp class! Best costume will be awarded a Premium PT Gift basket!
Saturday, December 1st – Christmas Potluck! Get geared up for the holiday season with an hour of Bootcamp at 10:30 am followed by a lunch and mingle at 11:30 am.
See you there!